inicio mail me! sindicaci;ón

Permanently Change Your Eye Color?

When I think of changing my eye color, it never goes further than tinted prescription contact lenses. I’ve even heard of people tattooing their eyeballs. But I never thought there would be permanent eye implants out there such as those provided by Kahn Medical Devices.

All the scientific details can be found at New Color Iris, but basically this thing is a disk that is surgically implanted into your eye. Available in both blue and green, the results look fantastic, but I think I’ll be sticking with color contact lenses for the time being.

Like this post? Check out our new article on Latisse, the prescription eye lash lengthening miracle drug!.

Are you a Twitter Fanatic? Why not publish your Twitter stream as a professional grade paperback? 140bio.com allows you to preserve your life events just like a journal to share with others or use as the ultimate Twitter coffee table book!

Popularity: 57% [?]

Spencer said,

January 17, 2008 @ 8:04 pm

I am most happy with my results from haviong this surgery. I had brown eyes and went with the color blue since by dad has blue eyes.

NewColorIris is becoming a huge interest to many in California . It makes sense since everyone does cosmetic surgery there

Amanda said,

January 18, 2008 @ 8:26 am

Thanks for the feedback Spencer, glad to hear you are happy with NCI, and congrats on your new blue eyes!

~~A

tiana reeves said,

January 20, 2008 @ 6:58 pm

hey spencer i would so want to meet you especially since i am thinking of having this surgery myself….
i would love to see the results myself. I think it would be great if it is actually a success…..I have heard a lot
about how people think its a scam…

MissAmyDesigns said,

February 7, 2008 @ 5:24 pm

what kind of a scam? that’s interesting.

my initial reaction to this is just - “yick”.

Murad said,

February 16, 2008 @ 9:59 pm

hi spencer would you mind sending me some photos of you eyes i would love to see the result myself i am seriously thinking of having this surgery

Leah said,

March 25, 2008 @ 11:00 pm

How much did it cost you?

Kiera said,

May 9, 2008 @ 9:34 am

Hi,
I would love this surgery myself. How much did it cost & how did u determine if you were suitable for the procedure

people said,

May 18, 2008 @ 9:21 pm

The implants will come loose since normal lenses technique are already patented. My phtalmist says so.

Nathali said,

June 1, 2008 @ 10:56 am

Hi!
I would also love to have this surgery done, but there aren’t that many pictures on the site… could anyone send me some pictures or get me in contact with somebody who had the surgery?

Thanks a lot!!!

Nathali

Ash said,

July 8, 2008 @ 6:15 am

hey i really want to get the surgery done but i can;t find out how much it costs could someone please tell me!

ashley said,

July 12, 2008 @ 3:38 am

i asked newcoloriris,he said 8 grand

JJ said,

July 14, 2008 @ 1:39 pm

i actually e-mailed new color Iris about pricing and all that good stuff. the person i got in contact with said it was $7500. also, the last time i looked the procedure wasnt approved by the FDA, so what i was told was that you had to have the procedure done in Panama. i dont know, sounds like a scam, but they have videos of the procedure.

Jenny said,

August 28, 2008 @ 5:11 pm

I was wondering whether spencer could share will us whether light into his eye is restricted when he pupil naturally dialates . Does the implants make you look as if you have constantly constricted pupils or does the hole on the implant expand?

Taliyon said,

August 31, 2008 @ 7:32 pm

Great question Jenny, I’d like to know too.

Tim said,

September 4, 2008 @ 12:06 pm

Yeah interesting that Spencer has not responded publicly to the questions…. has Spencer sent anyone a picture yet? ..also Spencer was the first person to respond to the article ….may not be kosha!

All sounds a bit suspect having to go to Panama

I also wondered about the pupil dilation.

Would love to know more about this, as my dad has blue eyes and mine are brown / hazel … I have always wanted blue eyes since i was a kid.

Anyone know anymore about this…is it available in the United Kingdom?

STACY said,

September 4, 2008 @ 3:15 pm

You have to have the procedure done in Panama because that is where Dr. Kahn is located. It’s not a scam at all. I have 2 friends who have done it and I am saving money to have it done as well.
It looks entirely real and they have not had complications as of yet.
They both started with dark brown eyes.
One had in done about a year ago and the other in late 2004.

Kristina said,

September 6, 2008 @ 6:55 pm

This is the email I received from NCI.

Intraocular implants are made in the U.S. of FDA approved material, patients from the U.S. Canada and UK fly to have this procedure done by the inventor in Panama City. Procedure is made of the same material used in cataract surgery all over the world so the material is not something foreign and never used before. However our implants are also used for not just medical but cosmetic reasons. Patients in Europe travel to his facilities in Switzerland. Procedures cost is $7500 in usd currency . First step would be that I email you specific exams to be done by your opthomologist to determine if you are eligible for the procedure.

deb said,

September 10, 2008 @ 11:46 pm

how much does it costs? you know, the operation , and please sen me an email with the costs in pesos and in dollars for me to earn money ’cause i need to have blue eyes, it’s like an obssesion, i don´t like the color of my eyes, they’re brown but i hate them, my mail is avrilavignedeb@yahoo.com.mx, please, please tell me about he costs and the adress of the hospital, please, i need that operation.
thank u so much!!!! please reply me.

Captain Moon said,

September 28, 2008 @ 4:36 am

Well, Panama is a great country to get cosmetic surgery. Better than going to Mexico I think. This surgery, I was thinking about doing it, but just the thought of cutting your eye scares me.

Ummm said,

October 2, 2008 @ 4:22 pm

ummmmm…….why hasn’t “Spencer” answered yet??????
Im so curious about the pupil dialation thingamajig…cause that sounds extra dangerous. Because i realise that when i go from being in the light to being in the dark(like opening a light switch in my bedroom during the night then turning it off)…my eyes take time to adjust so i can see in the dark and the same goes for everyone else…thus meaning ur pupils NEED to dialate to see in the dark…so if your pupils dont dialate correctly with this procedure then that meeeeeeeeeaanssss…….. You’d be a blind mice come dusk….thats pretty scary. Im actually considering having this done..I just need to the deal with that as wella s long term affects FIRST….so anyone with answers…PLEASE hit me up and lemme know.

oblong13@yahoo.com

Thankzz!

Donna Fried said,

October 9, 2008 @ 2:33 am

will you consider lasiking the eyes to permanently change/lighten their color without implants?

Ummm said,

October 14, 2008 @ 8:47 pm

Yea I would…I’ve actually been doing a heavy load of research, and changing the eye color through means of lasers soundz more promising because it is then truly a permanent eye color change. tThe newcoloriris thingy just seems like inserting a pair of single-colored freshlook lenses in your eyes….not entirely permanent…its still lenses.

Sush said,

October 15, 2008 @ 8:33 pm

‘ummm’- one can change their eye color through laser? how/where is that done? do you know of the costs/side effects?

lucky said,

November 5, 2008 @ 8:39 am

SPENCER! please reply to us! WE WANT TO MEET UP WITH YOU AND SEE YOUR EYES. We all want to get this surgery done!

Laser to change color would be great, but not offered anywhere I checked, YET!

Aryel said,

November 5, 2008 @ 7:17 pm

hey Kristina : did you say they do this surgery in Switzerland as well please let me know ,thanks

Ashli said,

November 9, 2008 @ 12:55 pm

heyaaa i had this surgery done month ago and its owesome it was only 15 min to get it done now from black to blue eyes i love it and thanks to dr kahn :) he changed my life its only $7000

lucky said,

November 17, 2008 @ 5:30 am

Ashli!

Where do you live? I want to see how it looks in person!
Also pictures! Do you mind swapping emails?

mandy a said,

November 22, 2008 @ 8:36 pm

Hey Guys,

I was considering this surgery too. I went to see an optician who told me thta the idea was great, but you will have tunnel vision at night. She contacted an optical research centre here in CA where her friend works. her friend wrote to her back said he had been treating a patient who had this surgery done and had complications.

I emailed DR.khan about all this directly from his site. he never answered back even though we had been corresponding previously.

The US site is run by an ex patient and is totally independent of DR. khan’s site. Dr Khans site is http://www.newiris.de

Sprkleyez said,

December 9, 2008 @ 6:41 am

Hey, I too am intrested in this procedure. Does anyone know about financing and the application process?. If anyone from the U.S that had this procedure done in Panama,can you tell me what were the travel arrangements like? Pass port procedure, location of the hospital, room and board. And above all.. who did you finance with? did you make a down payment? and do you pay after the procedure?. I have been quoted diffrent prices some people say its $5000, $7000 and $7500. When I got an email from Newcoloriris@aol.com-the corresponder qouted me $7995. Can someone tell me if this is correct?. I think thats a little steep for a 8 minutes surgery. Thanks!

Dru said,

December 31, 2008 @ 5:42 am

hi, i was wondering if anyone who knows soebody who has had the procedure done, or has had it done themselves to PLEASE send me a few photos of thier eye. i’ve been thinking about having the procedure done myself. any photos will be grteatly appreciated. thanks

anonymous said,

January 22, 2009 @ 3:59 am

crap…the whole thing
I can buy myself lifetime cont lens without worrying someone possibly makes my eyes blind…

Brown eye princess said,

February 14, 2009 @ 7:29 am

I was thinking of getting my eye color change next month, I was quoted $7999 by a someone from coloris.
And today i was browsing and i saw three people was quoted $5000, $7000 and $7500

And also I would like to know if this procedure is safe.
Thanks

Brown eye princess said,

February 14, 2009 @ 7:45 am

Hello, I’m about to get my eye color change from brown to blue and i’m very excited about it, the question is, is this procedure safe? And would i be able to see clear at night and is their any complication from anyone that has had this procedure done. Your help will be very appreciated, thanks.
If anyone from Las Vegas who has this procedure done in Panama,please send me some pics of your eyes, at missimahlia@hotmail.com thanks….
Also can you tell me if you make a down payment? or did you pay after the procedure?. I have been quoted different prices from the internet….they said its $5000, $7000 or $7500. When I got an email from Newcoloriris@aol.com-the correspondent quoted me $7995. Can someone tell me if this is correct?. I think it is pretty expensive for a 8 minutes surgery. Thanks!

Brown eye princess said,

February 15, 2009 @ 1:01 am

I was told that they can do this procedure in Canada, is it true…from my research, i realized it is only done in Panama City. Also i was told that this procedure would be FDA approved 2010….and it will be more safe then….I really appreciate your response, thanks.

Dianneeeee said,

February 15, 2009 @ 10:01 am

Hi, I’m really interested in this procedure though scared of the long term side effects because I’ve always had clear vision since I was born, no contacts/glasses whatsoever. I’ve tried the Contact Us page and I’m still waiting for the reply. :)

Alex said,

February 20, 2009 @ 9:38 am

Hi, i have bluey/greeny/gray average boring eyes, and i want to get this done, to green or mainly blue eyes, but i dont want them to be too light. i want to have nice blue or green eyes, not pale white blue or green eyes. can anyone help me? any advice?

CHRYSTAL said,

February 25, 2009 @ 5:16 pm

DID ANYONE FIND OUT ABOUT THE LASER SURGERY TO CHANGE EYE COLOR ???

Dianneeeee said,

February 26, 2009 @ 11:52 am

It was shown on TV (Inside Edition) and they were able to interview a woman who did the surgery.

Dianneeeee said,

February 26, 2009 @ 11:55 am

Here it is btw. http://www.insideedition.com/news.aspx?storyID=2658

Brown eye princess said,

March 11, 2009 @ 10:17 pm

I’m getting my eye color change from brown to blue. I’m so excited. I’m getting done with my girl friend, the ending of March, 2009
Newcloloris

OleBrownEyes2greengems said,

March 12, 2009 @ 5:34 pm

Hi Everyone,
Brown eye princess good luck w/your surgery and please let us know how it went when you get back from Panama. I’m currently in the early stages myself just off to get necessary eye exams which will be next week and then I’ll be emailing the results to Dr. Kahn. I plan to do the surgery in February 2010. I wish I could go sooner :( Anywayzzzz don’t 4get let us know ok :) Best of luck

Asmital said,

March 15, 2009 @ 8:25 pm

Hi all,

I too thought about doing the surgery… It was also featured on the show the Dr.’s or Ask the Drs (don’t remember exact name)… and they brought an expert who has done over 3,000 eye surgeries and he did not recommend it. He said it was a very perilous operation that could cause long-term complications and severe medical issues with your vision. If you look at the show and may be find the archives you might be able to get more details. I’m so bummed cause I really wanted to go from brown to green eyes… but too afraid myself of taking the risk.

The results do look great though!

Asmital said,

March 15, 2009 @ 8:31 pm

Here’s the transcript from the show segment on The Doctors regarding the procedure with the eye expert’s comments:

Change your Eye Color Forever?

Mark, 32, always hated his brown eyes and wished they were blue. For years, he wore blue-colored contact lenses, even when just going outside to pick up his mail. After having Lasik eye surgery, however, he no longer needed contacts and wanted to find a way to permanently make his eyes blue.

He learned about the NewColorIris procedure, an intraocular implant offered only in Panama, which can permanently change the color of his eyes. The implant is a diaphragm that covers or dresses the natural iris and is inserted under topical anesthesia. Despite being warned of possible risks, he flew to Panama, had the procedure and is thrilled with the results. “There are risks with all surgeries, of course, but my best friend, she did the surgery and she had no problems. When I saw her eyes, I was like, ‘I need to get that done,’” he says. “Nothing was going to get in my way. I didn’t care about anything else; I just had to have it.”

Ophthalmologist Dr. Kerry Assil is opposed to the NewColorIris procedure, and feels the risks far outweigh the rewards. “The risk for this particular procedure is entirely unacceptable,” he says. “[Risks include] blindness, for starters. The shape of this product, the size of this product, the location that it’s placed in will eventually lead to cataracts, loss of the cornea, inflammation inside the eye and a severe form of glaucoma that will result in irreversible blindness.

“I don’t blame you at all for wishing to have different colored eyes,” Dr. Assil says to Mark. “I think there are lots of people who have that hope and ambition. I’m not at all happy with any physician on the planet who would forget that their first responsibility is to not do harm to their patients. This is a procedure that will never be approved by the [United States Food and Drug Administration] in its current form.”

Brown eye princess said,

March 18, 2009 @ 1:19 pm

One of my girl went to Newcoloris to get her eyes from dark green to light green, her procedure was on the 13th of March and it’s being 5days and she is still not seeing, hopefully on the sixth day she was supposed to be seeing clearly by the 6th day….
My girl and i are going to get our eyes changed from brown to blue….the ending of March…but first we’re waiting to see if our girl made it alright. We spoke to her on the 3rd day and she said she can’t see anything yet. The doctor from newcoloris said she will be able to see on the 19th of March…hopefully.
I’ll keep you posted, thanks

Emily said,

March 20, 2009 @ 3:04 am

I wanted this procedure but I wouldn’t do it…check out what this guy who got the operation done said…

On March 19th, 2009 hugo says:
HI, i had my eye color changed in panama, about a month ago.

Tiffany said,

March 23, 2009 @ 2:53 pm

NewColorIrid informed the NO light will not be restricted when the pupil naturally dialates.

The lawyer said,

March 25, 2009 @ 6:33 pm

HiII everyone I wonder to solve all this questions and doubs, allOF US WILL have to get toqether and ask to newiris directly for to answer us all these doubs for a meeting or a special progam where they answer to our doubs(and later to be to plug in youtube) without vision the life if dark and dump please search it pretty well before to do it yourself not just for vanity remember that the vision it’s the most important of the life and if it will be demage to fit it is impossible and by consequence it is irreversible, nowaday I’m in the laters steps to do the procedure possible in agoust but i’m searching about it first the more deeply possible before to to take the first step .

hey guys what do you think about the experiences that are in youtube about some guys that have done the procedure first the boy from new york, the other a hollywood actor and finally a black boy from africa, and the lates is a complain about a girl who did the procedure and is complaining a bout it because she say that she have lost part of her vision, you can find it in PERMANENTLY CHANGE YOUR EYE COLOR DON’T DO IT plug it in youtube and listen to her very carefully and please check very well the efect that is set in her eyes meanwhile she is speaking and please check very well the pics that she set meanwhile she is speaking looks so fake , but well those are some details that I’m searching about this operation I will apreciate your commentaries I’m in contact directly with a doctor girl here in venezuela that is working with the doctor khan wherever you would like to clarify let me know and in the measure of the possibilities I will ask her or will look to track the information about the questions . you could write me back at ABOGA2.NET@HOTMAIL.COM

THANIKS

THE LAWYER

HUGO said,

March 29, 2009 @ 9:19 pm

HI, i had my eye color changed in panama, about a month ago. Unfortunately me and the other 2 people who had the surgery done at the same day are not happy with it. It`s not as simple as they explain, eventhough the surgery is quickly done , but recovery isnt that easy, u get headches, and your eyes feel very uncomfortable, like u have sand inside of them for days, and besides that, ur eyes burn everytime they put the eye drops(3 different kinds), u have to, every hour for like a week, and there is one u have to apply 3 times a day for life time, that releases the pressure on ur eyes. It feels like putting alcohol in a cut for the first week, because the incision there is on ur eye. But the biggest reason why we are not happy is because all 3 of us end up with an eye color there is not similar to any color they have on the after pics on the newcoloriris.com website. When we asked what shade of blue or green it would be, we were told the final color shade would depend on the natural color of our eyes, wich isnt true because me and the other guy who had the surgery done to have blue eyes had very different colors, my eye eyes are naturally hazel and his very dark brown, we both end up with exact same blue, wich is so bright and looks like a halloween light blue aqua contact lenses. They look like blue eyes of a Japanese carton character So now we have the brightest blue eyes but they dont look natural, they look like something that no one ever seen before, kind like X-MEN eyes, at night in night clubs my eyes look like storm`s eyes from x-men. So now we are experiencing harassment when we go out, people stop us all the time and ask if they r ours? and when people get very close they dont c a contact, but yet the dont understand how it is possible, because most of the people never heard about this surgery they get very confuse! And the people who doesnt stop u, just presume they are contacts and dont really understand why u would be wearing something so unatural with so many quality contacts out there. ME and the two people are trying to get the doctor to reverse the surgery or get a shade that looks like the ones in the pics, but so far no sucess, he wants to us to pay another $2500 for operating room, and thats plus airline ticket $600 and hotel about $600 for the week u have to recover there! after we already expent $8thousand with the surgery plus another $ 2000 in traveling expenses. And besides all of us got different answers when trying to contact DR.KHAN, and all of them by email, he is never available over the phone. I do not recommend the surgery and i will be happy to answer any questions through my email perfeitinho21@hotmail.com. I was very stubborn on getting this surgery against my ophthalmologist opinion here in boston, after she discussed witha group of doctors, just because i always wanted to have blue eyes since i was a kid, bu now the “dream coming through” became a “living nightmare” None of us feel comfortable going out anymore! :(

kim said,

April 3, 2009 @ 5:45 am

OKAY people I have been doing research on this company and their process for about 3 months now. To make it plain for you all…the results vary due to the EXPERIMENTAL implants.

A cost effective method usually comes into play when attempting to produce a product that will appeal to the masses by becoming more affordable.

It is unfortunate for the hand full of patients that didnt have the opportunity to get the procedure during the clinical trial years. Whereby the information gathered from the initial results desired were used in the videos and studies shown on the site.

I too was interested in having the surgery, but after heavy consideration I have decided against it DUE TO THE LACK OF UNANSWERED QUESTIONS FROM DR, KAHN PERSONALLY!

nunu said,

April 12, 2009 @ 6:00 pm

I was asking if there are coloured lenses for implantation?and if yes ,what about the price?and how can I buy or import?
Thanks alot

Maybe we all should wait said,

April 19, 2009 @ 4:36 am

This is all so crazy damn it! Part of me really wants to get this done, but then I think of - what if I go blinde? It seems that so far there has been NO positive feedback from anyone that has personaly had the operation done. This is really discuraging!! I couldn’t stop thinking about the poor guy that had the operation done, and now has X-Men eyes, that’s fucked! Personaly I think we all need to just relax and wait for safer methods to be invented. I mean what’s the worth of getting this operation done is even 10 years down your blinde and not able to even see yourself in the mirror? Anyways for anyone in the USA or Canada still wanting to do the operation and is seriouly contemplating going to panama in say 6 months. Contact me I want to go with someone, to see the process and results, then maybe I can feel confertable doing it myself in the futur! Email me @ il_rico_420@msn.com

Good Luck to everyone!

Browneye2babyblue said,

May 4, 2009 @ 7:24 am

I just wanted to let you know that me and my two girls had the surgery, It’s being a month old on April 20th…
The first week is painful and blury.
I’m doing great with my baby blue, I get more modeling jobs and felt self confidence about myself. About my two girls, they’re still experienced redness and blury…
I’ve heard lots of bad things about the surgery, .
I really love my eyes….The doctor was very nice and very professional.
I just pray that their is no complication in years to come, with surgeries, their is always consequences. I’m a mixed race of black and white with a dark brown eyes, which i never like, now i’m so happy with my new beautiful baby blue.
I’ll say in my opinion, if you’re interested in getting this procedure done, please go for it.
It is a very quick procedure and peopl were so nice, good luck ;
Thanks

Browneye2babyblue said,

May 4, 2009 @ 7:35 am

I just wanted to let everyone knows that I am not geeting paid to be on this site. I love my new baby blue. The only problem was when i email the doctor or his Assistant, they don’t email anymore, which is very bad for buisness. Otherwise i do have my own doctor in the US to monitor my condition.
Also i do have to put eye drop in my eyes twice a day for the rest of my life. That’s my only concern, if you don’t have insurance, this eye drop will cost you $70…which will last you for about 3weeks.
If you have any question or wants to see my baby blue, please email me direct at browneye2bablyblue@hotmail.com
…thanks.

Browneye2babyblue said,

May 7, 2009 @ 3:59 am

Thanks for the email, I’m unable to send anymore pics of my eyes, i really don’t have time to email, if you want to see the color or to find out about this procedure, please email the DR……. go to newcoloris.com.
I am very happy with my result and love my new baby blue in Atlanta….GA….Good luck…

Pissed off Med school student said,

May 7, 2009 @ 11:40 pm

What the FUCK are you people thinking? Just stick to contacts. At least you can take those of. There is more risk than reward about this operation. If I was your doctor I would tell you that it is a load of shit and not worth a cent. There is a reason you can’t get in contact with this Dr. Khan. IT’S A SCAM. The FDA has not approve because they know it’s a operation. Whats the point of having blue eyes if you can’t see out of them?!!

Browneye2babyblue said,

May 9, 2009 @ 12:47 am

I’m happy with my result, I love my baby blue. And i have 20 /20 vision….
No need to be so negative, Dr Khan has changed my life for the best and i am so happy.
Go to http://www.newcoloris.com for more info and i’m sure he will answer all your questions, thanks.

cat said,

May 23, 2009 @ 1:51 am

I was thinking about the surgery. But, I change my mind I want gray eyes. I saw in person how the look in green. I didn’t like it . It does not look good on a person with olive skin town.

Browneye2babyblue said,

June 3, 2009 @ 6:41 am

Hello everyone, it’s has being three months since me and my two girls got the surgery, i must say i do get lots of compliments, more modeling gigs. But their are complications, red eyes, burning sensation atimes. When i email Dr Khan, he doesn’t respond to me anymore.
I love my look, but the pain on and off os not worth getting them, trust. Don’t do it…seriously….

anon said,

June 7, 2009 @ 8:30 pm

its REALLY bad for your eyes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkAoY3vVsgc

charlotte said,

June 7, 2009 @ 9:46 pm

I also got this surgery dont. Do not do it! I did it in November of last year wanting to start my new year with a fresh new look and to be happy again with my life but this it what I got. Watch my video(s)…http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnM1gZCMI2Q

OCD said,

June 7, 2009 @ 9:50 pm

What a F*N scam!

MONICA said,

June 15, 2009 @ 6:58 pm

THIS IS THE BIGGEST SCAM EVER!!!! I DID IT BACK IN JANUARY AND I MY DAY IS NOW CONSUMED WITH THE DISCOMFORT I EXPERIENCE ONA DAILY BASIS. VANITY GOT THE BEST OF ME, I WANTED TO STAND OUT AND FEEL BEAUTIFUL AND THEREFORE BE HAPPY. THE RESULT IS THAT I AM AT MY LOWEST POINT. NOT ONLY DID I SPEND 10,000 DOLLARS THAT I DID NOT HAVE BUT ON TOP OF THAT, I AM CONSTANTLY WORRIED THAT I WILL GO BLIND. MY OPHTHALMOLOGIST HERE IN LOS ANGELES IS ADVISING I GET THEM OUT. IF ANYONE HAS HAD A BAD EXPERIENCE WITH DR KAHN PLEASE EMAIL ME : MONICAALLGEIER@HOTMAIL.COM.

THANKS.

Amanda said,

July 3, 2009 @ 3:33 am

Charlotte,

Thanks for sharing your story and video here on my site. I’ve just done a new post on the Latisse prescription eye lash lengther, but I think it’s fair to say that anything you do to your body through a medical procedure should be well researched and considered. I’m sticking with tinted and colored contacts.

Amanda

Jesse said,

July 10, 2009 @ 11:44 pm

Thank you all for being honest and making me think twice before having the surgery. Hopefully in the future they will improve this technique so that patients won’t have to constantly use eyedrops and experience redness. I first found out about this procedure in a magazine that claims doctors have made improvements in changing eye color, growing brand new teeth, cloning hair and invisible earing aides. Again thank you all for your comments. I had hopes in changing my eye color from brown to green and having the lower bags removed. I guess I’ll have to wait on the color change.

Jesse

Kim said,

July 12, 2009 @ 10:35 pm

The person with the screen name “Lawyer” can’t possibly be a lawyer because their English is horrible!

Any lawyer would know how to write a grammatically correct sentence.

JAMES said,

July 14, 2009 @ 1:31 am

YOU GUYS ARE FUCKERS…JUST BE HAPPY WHAT YOU GOT..PEOPLE HAVE GONE BLIND….MY COUSIN WENT BLINDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD…SO STOP AND THEY LOOK FAKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Zaaap said,

July 21, 2009 @ 1:52 pm

Please don’t get this procedure done, I got it for about a year ago and everything was fine till some weeks ago, I began to experience blurriness on my right eye and I decided to go to my ophthalmologist.
They said that this implant was localised on a very bad part of the eye and that the was it was inserted was very bad also. When it is inserted the dr that makes the procedure, dr. kahn in this case, damage a layer of the eye that produces cells that cleanse the cornea so it dont get misty inside. When this part is damaged the eye stops or produces a lower amount of these cells, and the cornea gets mistier and mistier….
He also said that once I get them out there is no guaranty that my eye will begin to produce these cells again as some people can repair this layer and some not…

Just dont get these implants, wait for this procedure to get safer and dont get it, they look really nice on me they look really really real but it is just not worth it, the getting blind for having nice eyes. I mean whats the point of having nice eyes if you cant see?

Also, the real iris can be seens sometimes as the pupil reacts to light, my real iris I could see till some weeks ago. The implants are dilating the pupil in a really really bad way and once I get them out there is also no guaranty that the pupil will go back to its normal state….

So people if you dont want to go through what a lot of people are going through, please dont get this procedure. When I got it there was no roadblocks, there was no “bad” stuff about this procedure on the internet. But now a lot of people are complaining and you should just listen to us. Get the procedure once it becomes safer, but for now dont get it… just dont.

Heather said,

July 28, 2009 @ 10:12 pm

ZaaP Thanks Because of your post i will never EVA get this procedure done…
WeLL I didnt have the money anyways LooL But i was planning on taken a loan but after hearing what you said i will definately not go ahead with THAT!!!

Sophie said,

August 27, 2009 @ 2:27 am

Has anyone found info on the lasik surgery to change the eye color, please let me know!!!! NEWCOLORIRIS is definitely out! no way am i going to pay money to go blind! sophie.anne09@yahoo.com

Gabz said,

September 3, 2009 @ 4:18 am

Don’t do it, don’t do it, don’t do it!! It’s not worth it!!! All you need is one no over a million yes’! Check out some youtube videos about this topic and the pain these people go through!

laaala said,

September 5, 2009 @ 5:53 pm

It seems the most complications with this surgery rose agianst african americas??????? just from the reviews i read

Another Guy said,

September 14, 2009 @ 8:00 am

Wow, not one positive feedback here…scary. I read bout using lens solution every single day for the rest of your life?? How costly is that and do u get it over the counter at a pharmacy? Thanks!

ANGEL said,

September 15, 2009 @ 2:26 am

omg so im an actress model in la ,ca and i was also about do this procedure until i researched it as bad as i want it i will never do it and i must admit monica looks great but its your eyes! not like a breast job. eyes! im usually very daring n would try it but i will stick to contacts my eyes r hazel. im suprised mark on the dr show had no complaints then again he only had them 4 months when that was filmed, i wonder how he is doing now. does anyone know???
anyway i would love to get this in the future when its approved n tested by fda in the usa which im sure it will be n that dr will be a billionare so who ever studys in school maybe should try being a OPHTHALMOLOGIST .by the time its approved here i prob wont care anymore cuz ill prob b old by then anyway thanks sooooooooo much for all the feedback n saving thousands of people from doing this. please keep us posted thank you again angel

Another Guy said,

September 15, 2009 @ 7:48 am

I got an email back from them today saying that the procedure now costs a whooping $8495 and thats not including traveling and lodging expenses. Thats freakin payin 10 grand to go blind. The only way i would pay that much is if i was guaranteed lifetime satisfaction w no additional costs. I am a dude but i like ANGEL’s idea of a simple one time job like breast implants…atleast one gets their moneys worth!

Barbara said,

September 27, 2009 @ 5:19 am

hey guys, i’ve heard that they do these kind of surgeries in switzerland and france, does anyone know what is the name of the doctors in france or switzerland or where is their locations? please guys, if anyone know where, contact me on : romanian_punk_princess@hotmail.com.

thanks.

Carly Corday said,

October 5, 2009 @ 10:08 pm

You know who is the only one who needs this? Those people with NO eye color. You’ve seen them. Their pupils are clearly holes in the middle of the iris, and the iris is just, I don’t know, not so much gray as empty. Don’t get me wrong, it isn’t ugly! It’s just noticeable to me, although many caucasians have it. I’m kidding when I say they “need” it; just being literal for emphasis.

I’m always struck by the lovely gaze of brown-eyed people, while light-eyed people seem a bit more non-descript. Colin Farrel. Look at that nut-brown stare he’s got. Light eyes would destroy that. Antonio Banderas? OMG.

I guess some eyes, if brown, are unspecial in their own right, where going to a bright pastel gives plainer eyes a striking quality via intense color. The eyes themselves, lashes, shape, brows, and the face, should be attractive in order for nut-brown eyes to look great.

But I don’t think so. I’m being mean up there to show you how mean you’re being to yourself. I say, never, never do a thing like this. It reeks of obsessiveness. You KNOW it does. You’re pretty just the way you are, I don’t care WHO you are, and you know that too.

wow said,

October 6, 2009 @ 5:16 am

Wow I am so surprised at all the negative feedback on this procedure..I didn’t think it was that bad. I am truely sorry for all of those who got the surgery and have not been the same and have also gone blind. It is a shame that you guys had to basically be he guinea pigs for somebody elses experiment. I think that all of you you who are now experiencing problems and those who know people who are should start a group against it or something. I don’t think anybody deserves that just for the price of pretty eyes.

For those who didn’t know about the aftermath now you know. And if you still decide to have the surgery thats on you and i iwhs you the best.

We all should wait until this method gets FDA approved to get it.

I did want it a point in time because I don’t like my eyes…of course they are brown.but before i get this I would also like more option for $8000.

Carly Corday said,

October 6, 2009 @ 1:39 pm

I guess I just can’t “empathize” with what it’s like to not like my eyes because “of course they are brown.” My eyes are brown and I’ve never hated them or even half-wondered how I’d look with light eyes. Each of my kids had big shiny shoe button eyes with long black eyelashes, so this narrow aim of just “getting rid of my brown eyes” isn’t clicking. Is brown the only eye color anybody wants to “fix”? How often do you actually see “brooding violet” or “blazing sapphire” eyes or jade greed or emerald green ones? Most light eyes are not really blue, though their “owners” clain they are, and most green eyes are more “stubbornly declared to be green” by their owner than “actually green.” Whose eyes are really amber or golden? Hardly anyone’s, though once in a blue moon, you’ll see eyes like that. Are all people with not-brown eyes happy with their eye color just because they are so glad their eyes aren’t brown? Ever notice how pleased people are when they say, “My eyes are hazel!”? What for? Cuz they’re at least not brown?

Go there if you’re looking longingly at surgery on your eyes to “fix the color” so you’ll look more like those most celebrated for their BEAUTY.

Carly Corday said,

October 6, 2009 @ 2:04 pm

Kim: the person called “The Lawyer” isn’t grammatically incorrect, it’s obvious that English is not his/her first language. The post almost looks like a BabelFish translation. Cut some slack for this person who is begging all of you to check out the YouTube testimonials and don’t, for Godsake, do this to your eyes, don’t put your eyesight and your life on the line just to fool people who see you into thinking your eyes are blue or green.

Your shrink will tell you to go ahead and do it, with a mild warning that you might go blind. Your shrink knows you too well and realizes the futility of trying to make you SEE. It’s too much work for him/her to try and fix you, save you, etc. You’re hopeless, if this is what you want to do, and even your shrink knows it.

Another Guy said,

October 7, 2009 @ 6:21 am

For all the criticism for going light on the eyes, I’d definitely get it done if the procedure was safer. I hope they come out with somethin’ safer soooon!

Another Guy said,

October 9, 2009 @ 7:57 am

Isn’t there anyone out there whos had a god experience with NewColorIris? I heard they’ve done some 700 procedures….they could’nt have all gone bad?!?

Shaera Holl said,

November 2, 2009 @ 11:36 pm

Hi, everybody.

I must say I am very excited about this procedure. Apparently it works very well. Hope to see some good comments.

Ps - sorry for those who had a bad experience.

wow said,

November 3, 2009 @ 9:24 pm

PEOPLE THIS IS FAKEEEEEEEEEEEE RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shaera Holl said,

November 3, 2009 @ 9:59 pm

Hey, “Wow Said”, why do u think it’s fake? I dont’ know anyone who had this procedure, but apparently it’s real.

mayra said,

November 3, 2009 @ 10:31 pm

I just saw it on tyra show and the lady that had it done has a hole in the eye. Had to have it removed and has cataracts, can’t see and has permanent damage. All done by the same quack in panama. She paid 8000.00

Daniel said,

November 4, 2009 @ 5:06 am

Yep they are a bunch of scammers.
If you search up stories or videos on Youtube you will see that most of the people who have had that same surgery are no happy with the results and are suffering. I suggest people stay away. If it’s not FDA approved, it means that the complications and side-effects drastically overcome the benefits (if any). Most of all, it means it isn’t safe!

Marisa said,

November 4, 2009 @ 10:42 pm

FAKE DANGEROUS AND FAKE!! this is not approved. Tyra banks just did a show on this yesterday and the girl is almost blind, glaucoma, cataracts. she said the “doctor” brought her to a building (NOT A HOSPITAL), even cut a hole in her eye that can never be repaired. youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ec0q1eycm0c

JUST LOVE YOURSELF!

Amanda said,

November 11, 2009 @ 2:26 pm

Marisa,

thanks for the heads up on the Tyra video! I’m going to embed it as part of the post.

Lisa said,

November 14, 2009 @ 10:22 am

My husband did it and he’s blind now!!!
So don’t do it!!!

Avi said,

November 24, 2009 @ 10:27 am

Check YouTube. People who have had the New Color Iris procedure TELL IT ALL!

Sara said,

November 29, 2009 @ 1:46 pm

I would love do it but after what I’v read so far NO WAY!
My Cousin had it done and claims its all natural like the rest of her!!!

Jordan said,

December 4, 2009 @ 11:57 pm

Hey what is the age limits on the surgery?

Ralph said,

December 5, 2009 @ 8:18 pm

The first thing that occurred to me is that the hole for the pupil is fixed, so naturally, or unnaturally, you’re going to have poor vision in lower light. The second is that the colors are flat with no variation of pigment. In other words it looks like what it is, a mono-hued piece of plastic stuck in your eyeball.
If you value being able to see don’t even consider this procedure.

kyra said,

December 10, 2009 @ 10:35 pm

it’s a very dangerous procedure and most people are not happy about it…go to you tube and type in newcoloriris…..I will not recommend although I wanted it myself at the beginning…

cut3 said,

December 12, 2009 @ 7:37 pm

i also wanted it at the begining but seems like its a scam or it works for very few people besides the colors are kinda lame =/

Shawn said,

December 27, 2009 @ 10:18 am

All,

Look at Tyra Banks show: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ec0q1eycm0c

This surgery should be banned.

Precious said,

January 2, 2010 @ 7:47 am

I always wanted a different eye color.I have dark brown eyes and i wanted a more hazel/green eye color.But after reading up on this I was very interested in possibly getting it done.But there are too many problems and risk.I think people are better off the way they are if you have the possibly of becoming blind.But, I wonder why they don’t make contacts more like this, instead of how they do look if you have worn contacts before. That would be a good idea I believe. I think people would like that. Contacts that look more natural like your “real and/or true” eye color people would love. I just hate how when people get close to you and can tell they aren’t your real eye color. If they made contacts look like that, and people could not tell they were contacts, I would buy no dout about it. I wish it would. But unforcantly I don’t think that would happen no time soon.

BK said,

January 2, 2010 @ 7:39 pm

You people who want to change your eye colour with the aformentioned procedure are complete fools. Would you risk serious complications and side-effects for a sketchy procedure not approved by the FDA just so you can change your eyes to a more “fashionable” colour? You only ever get one pair of eyes, so do your research and you’ll get what you deserve.

Lumineyes said,

January 16, 2010 @ 8:26 pm

Does anybody have more information about the laser procedure called Lumineyes to lighten eye color? It was created by a doctor in California who has patented this procedure but it seems like he’s not doing anything with this. Maybe he’s had too many complications? I thought by now it would be offered to the public.

Lumineyes said,

January 16, 2010 @ 8:34 pm

I just came across this article from June 2008 from a business magazine called Fast Company in which they talk about the Lunimeyes procedure…

Breakthrough technologies often need an anchor so customers can grasp them. Consider an innovation called Lumineyes. It allows people with brown eyes to turn them permanently green or blue. According to the product’s Web site, Lumineyes uses “a laser to heat the pigment layer [of your eye]. The process either bursts the pigment cells, resulting in the release of free pigment into the iris, or simply damages them.”

Um, great. Everyone who has been craving some good cell-bursting or pigment-damaging action, you’ve found your solution. Perhaps, Lumineyes can upsell a “savaging and plucking” package.

A Stanford MBA student named Rose Roll, who was helping Lumineyes with its message as part of a class assignment, suggested that the company anchor its innovation in LASIK, the procedure that permanently improves eyesight: Lumineyes is like LASIK for eye color. In fact, Lumineyes is less invasive than LASIK — it doesn’t require peeling back the cornea to allow the laser to do its work.

That was the right idea, because LASIK had already done the heavy lifting in the marketplace. You think it’s hard to sell your innovation? Try persuading people to sit still while someone shoots their eyeballs with a laser. Don’t refight that battle.

That’s why a good innovation story couples an anchor with a twist. … Lumineyes may anchor itself in LASIK, but its purpose is so different that it carries a powerful twist: It’s like LASIK, but it makes your eyes blue.

Lumineyes said,

January 16, 2010 @ 8:41 pm

Here’s another article I found from September 2008 which says this is a new company. I have to admit it does make me cringe that they are testing on poor rabbits. Like it’s not stressful enough being sold for snake food. I hope they are not putting down (killing) the rabbits after they finish testing on them. Here’s the article…

Can hot new company turn brown eyes blue?
September 18th, 2008, posted by Jan Norman

Turn your brown eyes blue permanently.
Reserve everything from a kayak to a hot air balloon online.
Make young kids active and like it.

These are just three of the hot young companies that made their pitch at VC in the OC, the premier local venture investing showcase put on by Orange County Venture Group Sept. 17 at the Balboa Bay Club in Newport Beach. One of the nice things about such a showcase is the glimpse it gives at some of the fun, creative and forward thinking going on in the neighborhood.

Here’s a sampling (I’m only linking to Web sites that actually have something to look at besides a placeholder page.):

Lumineyes LLC - OK, so you can change your eye color with contact lenses. But this Beverly Hills firm is working on a laser to permanently change the color of your iris.??It only seems to lighten dark eyes.
The technology??seems to work in rabbits but they don’t have brown eyes. The company thinks it can make $1.2 billion a year at $5,000 per procedure.

Lumineyes Can Cause Glaucoma said,

January 16, 2010 @ 8:54 pm

Okay, I just found an article at allexperts which is a reputable website with professional doctors and one said this Lumineyes procedure is very very dangerous…

Laser Eye Surgery - Lumineyes safety

Expert: Dr.Manu C.Rajnani - 7/28/2009

QUESTION: I have a question for you about the lumineyes procedure, they use a protective pupil lens so the pupil is protected from the laser beam when zapping the melanocytes, if there is a protective pupil lens, then will the retinas get damaged, i have some more questions to, please e-mail me.

ANSWER: Dear ROLAND
Thanks for asking such elaborate and interesting question

EVEN if the pupil is protected with lens and even if the lasers now which we use are absolutely localised and focussed but the main problem here is not that it is the dispersion of the pigment or melanocytes which can cause lots of long term damage they will get lodged in trabecular meshwork causing secondary glaucoma which is silent killer or get deposited on undersurface of cornea causing corneal damage and loss of vision

If you any further questions please revert back to me
Thanking you
Dr.Manu C.Rajnani, Dr.Manu’s Laser Eye Surgery Center
Saraswati Society, Plot 433, TPS 3, 15th Road, Khar (West),
Mumbai 400052.INDIA. Tel: 91-22-26006801-26004467 & 26007828
Tel: Mobile: 91-9821032072.

———- FOLLOW-UP ———-

QUESTION: So the procedure itself is safe? i know they want to elimate the melanocytes which are in the anterior border, however how much energy do you think the laser needs to not damage the non-pigment cells like the stroma, the cornea, the epithelium so forth.

ANSWER: Dear ROLAND
one can never quantify the amount of energy required to damage even one PULSE of laser can cause damage so it is better tobe safe than have problems later at the cost of damaging your vision

———- FOLLOW-UP ———-

QUESTION: So you think the procedure is a bad idea?

Answer
Dear ROLAND
YES YES YES

Don't do it said,

January 18, 2010 @ 9:16 pm

Don’t do it. It’s dangerous, the surgery is not certified, the doctor has made mistakes, and the results are, sorry to say, unnatural and horrifying (ugly).

Cole said,

January 18, 2010 @ 9:19 pm

This is a scam!!!! I watched Tyra Banks Show today & they had a girl on there that had this done there in Panama & she is going to have permanent problems. He cut holes in her eyes that have given her permanent periphial blindness & cataracts. YouTube it if you don’t believe me. He didn’t give her any pain meds after & continued during the “operation” even though she was in excruciating pain. This doctor needs to be in JAIL!!!!

Be Wise said,

January 18, 2010 @ 10:42 pm

this is a scam. Who would change there eye color. Your eyes are used to see the world with out them your life would be changed in sooo many ways. Look your eyes are a prize and be blessed with what God has givenyou. I also saw the Tryra show today and it so crazy what people would do to become so called beautiful . Be wise

truth be told said,

January 19, 2010 @ 6:56 am

I also saw the tyra show and they said that it can not be done please consider the serious risk factors that will happen if you do get it done.It is better to get it done for the full price by a board certifided doctor. Please Please be cautious of the people you trust because they don’t always have your best intrest.Remember if it seems to good to be true it always is. Love the way u are and who u are no matter what others say. I only speake the truth.

Wow.... said,

January 19, 2010 @ 4:31 pm

Wow, you guys. Just.. wow. The fact that you would even consider this is so dumb.

For one, placing a disk of some plastic material in your eye is by far the most idiotic thing I have ever hear of. You iris is a muscle, meaning it moves depending on the light. This piece of shit plastic disk doesn’t move a millimeter. hence, you will be blind when it it even slightly dark,

Also, think about it. You are placing foreign material in your body. It’s going to get infected.
I demand everyone to go to the tyra show website. And watch the video about the girl who had this procedure. Shame on you for promoting this horrible thing. That poor girl has a gaping hole in her eye now and will possible be blind.

DONT MESS AROUND WITH YOUR EYES. YOU GET ONE PAIR… ONE PAIR! MESS THEM UP AND YOU’LL NEVER GET THEM BACK.

I urge you, DO NOT GET THIS PROCEDURE DONE. PLEASE.

lovemyeyesthewaytheyare said,

March 8, 2010 @ 10:08 pm

you guys are stupid. wait 6 months and then when you get cataract, you would hate yourself. they put a piece of silicon into your eye, and that messes up your pupil. Plus, this is not the same material they use in cataract surgery, my mom is an eye doctor. if it’s so safe, why is it only legal in panama?

Stiletto said,

March 10, 2010 @ 1:14 am

I’m pretty pro cosmetic surgery but this takes the cake. I can’t believe anyone would think 1 - this is safe and 2 - the limited colors offer look good or natural. They’re not flattering whatsoever, they’re very flat and lifeless!

The eyes are a mirror to your soul…maybe ya’ll ought to work on the inside first! I’m sure a blind person would gladly exchange his eyes for a pair - no matter what color - that work.

JP said,

March 11, 2010 @ 6:19 am

I completely agree with Stietto

Idiotic said,

March 11, 2010 @ 6:36 am

Whoever considers doing this procedure has obviously lost all common sense, putting a piece of plastic into your eye to enhance beauty makes no sense you can only truly becaome beautiful from within, but if changing your eye color is your mission in life consider this: technology is advancing as we speak and in the near future, when a healthier way to decrease the pigment in your eyes, has developed, and youre reading about it using the brail method, you’ll regret your decision.

Kahn is dangerous said,

March 14, 2010 @ 5:14 am

My close friend had this surgery done and he has lived to regret it…very deeply. He’s had a number of cosmetic procedures done in the past, but this one has left the deepest scars. Dr. Kahn’s reckless surgery has left his post-op eyes a dark black, the color of an open pupil. His US eye surgeons now agree that he will need to have one cornea transplant, harvested from a cadaver. He is currently recovering from glaucoma surgery and tube insertion into his eyes to drain pressure. He will never be the same again. He can see shapes, but no real detail. He will not be able to drive again. He must take medication for the rest of his life. If you lose your vision it is very hard to be independent. This all happened after one year and ten months after the permanent eye color change surgery. This is a very sad, true experience.

No eye color is worth you vision said,

March 20, 2010 @ 7:02 am

Any one considering this procedure please do your research. Please google Youtube. Search , “change your eye color.” for this procedure and view the damage done to past patients of this surgery. People who have had this surgery are trying to warn others not to do it. There is a reason this procedure is done in only one place in the world. There is one doctor who is preforming this procedure. Talk to eye and health care professional to find out why this procedure is not done in the U.S.

sophie said,

March 20, 2010 @ 7:38 am

I had the procedure done, and am wanting to know if anyone has had a good experience. I had an eye check up today and am see the opthomologist probably this Thursday. I am quite scared with allthe bad feeback, and really pray my eyes are still healthy. I can’t believe how irresponsible this Dr Kahn is. He aparently has lots of people around the world doing it in Switzerland and France.

If you have had a positive result, I would love to know - soffiesofsof@hotmail.com

sarah said,

April 4, 2010 @ 2:02 am

You guys are out of your mind to think you want to go cut your eyes so you can have blue or green eyes. If you were not born with them then dont do it.

andum said,

April 23, 2010 @ 3:27 am

I personally know someone who went to panama to have her eye color changed. The implants collected calcium on them and had to be removed. This young lady is now permanently blind in one eye and almost blind in the other. The doctor was a butcher. Please anyone wanting to do this reconsider. You might go blind.

Thankfull said,

April 29, 2010 @ 7:42 pm

In the beginning I really wanted to try this. I’m not a shallow person an looks don’t me the world to me but, something about lighter colored eyes infatuated me.. But after hearing all of those extremely sad stories about people going blind and stuff I wouldn’t even think twice about it!!! Thanks for sharing your stories with the rest of us its highly appreciated……

Castin said,

May 8, 2010 @ 8:02 pm

Hey I’m also considering this procedure, but the more information i get the scarier it is… I agree it’s kinda vain and such but it’s my body. That’s the point it’s MY EYE, so i’m wondering have the dr themselves done it? Probarly not, still I do want to get green/blue eyes other than my brown eyes.. Has anyone heard anything about Lumineyes? Instead of inserting silicon into your eyeball, it uses laser like lasik to lighten your eyes instead?

If you have any info please email me. That would be wonderful, castinli@aol.com.

Thanks!

Sara said,

May 13, 2010 @ 10:01 pm

sorry people but i am acually blind after the surgery!! dont do it its a scam!!! really i gave him $7500 and i got blue eyes in 1 day and after that i become blind!! be happy with your eyecolor because if you want blue or green eyes then you have to pay your eyes i mean you cant see anything after than ..whats the pioint then!!

Rob said,

May 15, 2010 @ 8:14 pm

It’s sad that in our society aesthetic beauty has been prioritized generally leaning towards anglo features being preferred throughout history as more attractive and more often respected. I’ve noticed this in regards to media, politics and various demographic entities ie: Blacks with green eyes, naturally straight or wavy hair, lighter skin, chissled/thin features (particularly nose and lips) being favored by teachers, and other blacks as well as the fashion industry.

These influences affect how people choose to see themselves and how they construe how others see them. It’s done as much as weight is used to project image. It’s unfortunate that we have prejudices which influence our interpretation of beauty but it is a reality for many regardless if we as individuals are color blind/non physically judgemental ourselves. As long as society continues in most cases to prefer skinny to fat, lighter to darker, slick to coarse, etc….some people will do whatever it takes to get an edge…and unfortunately again in many cases it does beget them who alter themselves some false sense of esteem.

I’ve met many people of different races that have expressed to me they were treated differently because of their features neg & pos. Those that were treated negatively all said they were or “felt” they were treated more favorably after changing their features ie: plastic surgery. I myself have noticed a night and day difference between the way I have been responded to before and after surgery. It does make a difference…but at what cost?

Dave said,

May 19, 2010 @ 1:54 am

Sara how the F did you get here and type that if you’re blind.

anonimo said,

May 29, 2010 @ 4:35 am

hola a todos yo me realize la operacion, parecia todo bien, pero no resulto, esta cirujia es muy peligrosa, por favor no la hagan, yo pague 7.500 dolares y me los tuvieron que sacar al mes… es una estafa, ensima podes tener complicaciones muy serias…. por favor no caigan como yo, ya se sabe que los lentes de cotacto no quedan igual que esto, pero para que operarse si te los tienen que sacar, a la largo o a corto plazo, yo crei que las personas que decian que la opereracion era una locura, lo decian por rezones personales sin tener referencias, yo tenia los ojos casi negros y me quedaron celeste muy lindos, pero para mi fue un duelo terrible tener que somerteme de nuevo a una cirujia con el miedo de tener una complicacion, esto es horrible, por favor escuche de la pobre gente que ya se los coloco y paso por todo esto, no sean ignorantes como yo, que me crei de un estafador, yo no lo rechaze el doctor de panama me coloco uno mal, quiere decir que no esta apto para hacer esta cirujia,,, ahora nadie se hace cargo del dinero y mucho menos que es lo mas importante de mi salud,,, saludos

. said,

June 21, 2010 @ 12:44 pm

For those of u worried about the *tunnel effect* of the implants, it would b the same as with contacts. i have been wearing contacts since i was 10 or 11 and my pupils still adjust to the light fine, and contacts have a fixed pupil opening, but still for all of u who this the warning videos are bullshyt, check out the interview of this UK girl that had it done.

talk about bein hella shady and sounding like an unlicensed/unprofessional. i kno hearing stories from random people, some people still wont care, but watch that vid and look (and hear) this girls story and seee how Dr. Kahn TORE A HOLE IN HER EYE with the needle while doing the surgery! and he doesnt even have a “office” to do the procedure its in a parking lot and in a door in the back of a building.

btw deposit is 3500 and they finance through Florida i think. the people that work there r kinda rude btw,

. said,

June 21, 2010 @ 12:46 pm

BTW the link above to the interview video is from TYRA BANKS show in case u werent interested in watching it.

Lilly said,

June 25, 2010 @ 2:42 pm

I was considering the New Color Iris,but heard theres this new lasik thing that changes the color of your iris and its going to be in the US (hopefully), and theres another procedure that is safer called Bright Ocular because the material is FDA approved. I know with any implantation there is a 20 to 30 % chance of blindness–and this is comming from a doctor off the show ‘the doctors’, But I still am going to change the colorof my eyes because contacts are lame. Leave comments people

hotline said,

June 26, 2010 @ 6:58 pm

I wonder if any of you have noticed taht these people show up in chats about new color iris to defend it and claim that they had the procedure…. then never answer questions of send pictures. New color iris has employees that comment in these chats so please don’t be fooled. If you go on youtube and view the ppl who had this procedure (then had the implants removed) you will see taht they don’t look natural! well, the green looks better than the blue (the blue is creepy!)

anna williams said,

June 28, 2010 @ 9:56 pm

I’m a strong supporter of plastic surgery. but anything concerning my eyes is a big no no.
The ability to see is something I want to keep, so
NO THANK YOU, Mr.Khan

Hanlin said,

June 29, 2010 @ 11:23 am

Why would anyone want to change their eye tone?

flo said,

July 3, 2010 @ 8:58 am

I know somebody who got this done and and saw it first hand, IT LOOKS SO FAKE, worst then a coloured contact, there is no dimension to it and when in day light you can see his real eye colour! When he use to be able to go out ( he can’t anymore because his vision is really bad now ) people would ask him all the time if he was wearing contacts and gave him really weird looks, not to mention that in bar/club lighting it looks gross like a glowing fungus almost! It’s very unnatural looking, trust me! Now this guy blinks all the time non stop can’t see at night and complains about constant discomfort! According to him the worst of it all is the reaction doctors around here first had when he went to see if he cold get them removed, they treated him like he was crazy for doing this and they didn’t seem to understand how getting this surgery is even possible and when he tells them he got it done in Panama they almost laugh in his face ( they don’t actually but you can tell from the whispers and look on their faces )! Doctors in Canada wouldn’t take them out so he had to go the the States to get them removed, they only did one at a time so he had to go twice and that was 14 000$ on top of the 10 000 he spent to get them in and all the meds… He will NEVER be back to normal physically or mentally… Anyways I am just here to let you about my experience with this procedure not tell you what to do! I wanted to get it done myself when I first heard my friend talk about it, all it took for me to change my mind was the sheer fact that when I saw him for the first time after he got it, it looked so bad and FAKE as hell and all that blinking like something is stuck in your eyes…

Tanned said,

July 12, 2010 @ 11:00 pm

I always wondered how good looking I would be if I had green eyes with my skin color.
I have actually been waiting for science to catch up and invent something like this, since I knew that prescription contacts had been implanted since decades ago! and always wondered why nobody had come up with the idea of adding color to the contact that was beeing implated, so you could kill two birds with one stone.
When I ran into the newcoloriris website. I thought “bingo!” They finally got it, this is what I need, I’m packing!
I always do research about things like thins, I CANNOT thank you enough, specially to those who instead of being critical to people that wanted to explore the possibility of changing something about theselves, shared personal stories that really impacted our perception of this procedure. I admit it, I dreamed about my green eyes like for an hour (while reading the newcoloriris web site) but rigfh after - I read ALL of the posts on this site. Needless to say we have to wait for science to catch up to make this procedure safe and accurate -It is ok, no big deal, I think a cure for cancer is more urgent.
So life goes on… with my 100% fuctional brown eyes, and you know? I think they look nicer now - after I read the horror stories here… I wish you all happiness! and again thanks for sharing.. You are true heroes saving people from making wrong decisions.

SceneQueen said,

September 10, 2010 @ 9:39 am

I wonder when lumineyes laser will come out?

rayan said,

September 16, 2010 @ 3:36 am

hey how much does the operation cost and how old do u need to be

SceneQueen said,

September 17, 2010 @ 9:19 am

Which operation? newcoloriris? don’t do it!!!
Just wait for lumineyes laser surgery :)

Rosie said,

October 7, 2010 @ 11:24 am

I emailed Dr Kahn asking how many people he had performed this procedure on, he replied stating over 900. So, Surely there are SOME happy patients, that cannot ALL be in pain, look fake etc. I’m in two minds about it personally.

Kayla said,

December 1, 2010 @ 8:57 pm

Leave your eyes alone, why would you play with your sight, be happy with what God gave you, people are so shallow an stupid!

Danny said,

December 25, 2010 @ 1:53 am

LAser eye color change surgery runs the risk of making your eyes
with no pigment like albino eyes where you can lose eye sight
being in the sun. also zappingpigment cells clogs the aqeous flow increasing
eye pressure and causing glaucoma

jen said,

December 25, 2010 @ 10:17 pm

gogle intraocular lens complications.

FDA approved intraocular lens carry the same risks.

Its a matter of know the percent of complications
but no surgery is risk free.

manonamission said,

February 6, 2011 @ 12:12 am

1. Well for instance their website. The pictures uses on the website are stolen. See the page: Faqs The photo they used, a blue eye, is stolen from a website called: findcontactlenses.c. That building, on their site is photo shopped.
Further lenses placed in anterior chamber will eventually damage the cells in the cornea. Constant use of inflammatory products like prednisone. That’s what they give you.I bet the doctor is not a true one.(Hippocratic oat)
I went to Panama and me myself and others that day all experienced severe problems afterwards. Me i had within one year 2 Baerveldt drains placed due to eye pressure and 2 new corneas. I m broke due to medial and surgerys.37.ooousd so far and nearly blind.
Its just not possible anterior chamber lenses. Yes placing is quiet easy even for a med student but wearing them not! Where is that pseudo actor now? That shows on you tube Not seen him recently. He was in the believe it worked on him. Idiot he is now.
Its not sain to proceed and follow you’re deepest wish on this one. Jonas from Germany

Browneye2babyblue said,

March 9, 2011 @ 4:25 am

Hi everyone, this is browneye2babyblue, I got my eyes done in Panama 2009…

Browneye2babyblue said,

March 9, 2011 @ 4:28 am

I started having problems a year after and Dr Khan is a con artist, he never answer my emails anymore and now i want to remove it, but I have to wait till August, cause I’m pregnant and doctor said I have to wait…and my vision is getting so bad….please don’t do it….it’s the biggest mistake of my life….now I missed my beautiful brown eyes….

Browneye2babyblue said,

March 9, 2011 @ 4:32 am

Thank God I have insurance, cost to remove it is $17,000… Which is insane…my sister and her roommate went to Panama 2009 to get it done and now my sister and her roommate her having so much problems with no insurance…please I’m begging you not to do it…it’s very dangerous…my doctor said the drops that I’m using might be harmful to my baby…I pray to God…that’s I’ll be okay…

Browneye2babyblue said,

March 9, 2011 @ 4:34 am

My doctor is trying to find a perfect eye drop to lower my pressure in both eyes, otherwise I might go blind….this is a lesson learn…I just taught I should share my story…nightmare more like it…

Browneye2babyblue said,

March 9, 2011 @ 4:59 am

Click on this site and you will see what the doctor from Panama has done to a lady in England….llhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XRiIg8QrcM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

listen said,

March 10, 2011 @ 3:07 am

U will get cataracts, glycoma, and go blind
U will have to use eye drops everyday to relieve the pressure build up in ur eyes

chanel outlet said,

April 19, 2011 @ 7:39 am

In tea-leaf with protection sight the closely-related material is carotene.According to the measurement

Lisa said,

April 30, 2011 @ 1:45 am

I hear Brightocular is supposed to be better but i have not found a person/review who has had this procedures the pictures are too small on the site to judge but they look pretty good much naturaller than the panama.
But i’d never try these things until they’re approved by proper people. some day people they will discover something to change the eye colour safely - just be careful when going to these places the horror stories i’ve heard; kill me.
I just want grey/blue eyes so bad - blue eyes run in my family then my dad comes along with his dark brown eyes and spoils things :@

Nina said,

June 4, 2011 @ 6:43 am

Good luck, Browneye2babyblue. You’re not the only one. This is a real surgery with real risks. Eye doctors are cautioning against taking them. See http://www.ajo.com/article/S0002-9394(10)00905-0/abstract

Would I have this done? Over my dead body.

Angela said,

June 14, 2011 @ 6:14 pm

omg your guys are all crazy,
please watch this video by tyra banks before any of you consider getting it, this girl being interviewed had her eye color changed in panama too and now is partially blind…

Kind said,

August 19, 2011 @ 4:03 pm

Guys,in my opinion, some of the posters here are real patients who tasted the bitter side a particular surgery and I do believe them. While others are simply competitors, perhaps coloured contact lenses sellers, who want to sell their products thus they try to put a dark shadow (bad name) on particular treatments…Medical treatments especially in the US and ESPECIALLY when it comes to plastic surgery is big business!

Kind said,

August 19, 2011 @ 4:25 pm

Now, from all the comments here and a research on the internet I conclude that some patients are really unhappy with the traetment offered by NewcolorIris. NewcolorIris involves inserting a coloured disk of ’silicone’ inside the eye. Which tends to be dangerous since there is a possibility to develop glaucoma (fluid blockage) and cataracts.

Now: There are other treatments other than surgeries which might be safer than what the NewColorIris offer.

1- Lumineyes offer laser eye treatment. People started to mention that their treatments will be available to the public since the 2007 but as yet there is no available information. Does anyone know any information about the availability of the laser treatment?

2- Eyedrops which lighten the iris. By lightening the iris are they refering to turning the eyes from brown to removing the eye pigment and so users will develop a red eye due to the deterioration of the pigment (lack of pigment in the iris causes users to show red blood cells at the back of the eyes like the albinos). Or by lightening the iris they mean that they will turn the eyes from brown to green?

owen said,

August 22, 2011 @ 8:14 pm

NO!NO!NO!NO!NO! Dont do it Dr.kahn is a black market surgeon And its very dangerous you could go blind! Your eyes are already beautiful. Im watching someone on tv who did it! And almost died!

Beii said,

October 12, 2011 @ 7:59 pm

hiiiiiii

ive always wanted ma eyes light grey and im living in the UK but never heard of it beeing done here.. lemme now how this all works pweeeeezzzz…xxxxx

Alice said,

November 15, 2011 @ 2:29 am

All you people not happy with your beautiful brown eyes that are working perfectly. Why are you willing to risk your eyesight for an eye colour that is depigmented? Even if this laser surgery eventuates to get rid of pigment there will be a lot of eye problems. The eyes are so sensitive. Eye pigment is there for a reason. People with issues like this should see a psychiatrist. When your are older you will realise how stupid you are to even consider this. Be happy with your natural eyes that you inherited from your parents.

John said,

November 30, 2011 @ 5:41 am

You must be dumb to consider something so dangerous. People have gone blind from this procedure.

Jess said,

January 19, 2012 @ 8:39 pm

DO NOT GET NEW COLOR IRIS. NEWCOLORIRIS will make you go blind. A friend did it in 2008 and now is going blind. Lot’s of eye damage. I beg you not to do this. The doctor takes your money and when you start going blind will ignore you. He needs to be put in jail he is a con artist.

THIS IS NOT APPROVED BY ANY REAL EYE DOCTORS. REAL EYE DOCTORS SAY YOU WILL GO BLIND IF YOU DO THIS SURGERY.

WATCH THE DRS VIDEO TAPED IN USA ON YOUTUBE. IT’S A TV SHOW, THEY WARN NOT TO DO THIS

RSS feed for comments on this post · TrackBack URI